International Centre for Global Earth Models (ICGEM)
ICGEM Service New Publication:Our new paper has been puplished in Earth System Science Data (ESSD), data publishing journal.
The paper is open access and can be reached at:https://doi.org/10.5194/essd-11-647-2019 The paper is intented to be the main reference for the ICGEM Service and its activities that include model downloads, and calculation and visualisation services. See below how to cite.
Appointment of the new director:The longtime director of the ICGEM service, Franz Barthelmes retired on December 31st 2017. We would like to acknowledge the invaluable contributions he provided to ICGEM service and GFZ family.
As of January 1st 2018, E. Sinem Ince has been appointed as the new director of the ICGEM service.
- BGI (Bureau Gravimetrique International), Toulouse, France
- ISG (International Service for the Geoid), Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
- IGETS (International Geodynamics and Earth Tide Service), EOST, Strasbourg, France
- IDEMS (International Digital Elevation Model Service), ESRI, Redlands, CA, USA
Services of ICGEM
- collecting and archiving of all existing global gravity field models
- web interface for getting access to global gravity field models
- web based visualization of the gravity field models their differences and their time variation
- web based service for calculating different functionals of the gravity field models
- web site for tutorials on spherical harmonics and the theory of the calculation service
- new service since 2016: providing a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for the data set of the model (the coefficients)
Some ICGEM related documents
- Definition of Functionals of the Geopotential and Their Calculation from Spherical Harmonic Models
- Article about Global Models
- Description of the ICGEM-format
- IGFS and ICGEM in Geodesists Handbook 2016
- ICGEM-Report 2003-2007
- ICGEM-Report 2007-2011
- ICGEM-Report 2011-2015
- ICGEM-Report 2015-2017
- ICGEM Poster 2018
- ICGEM Poster presented at EGU-2019
- Presentation about global models and the ICGEM
- Presentation about the ICGEM (IAG-Assembly, 2013, Potsdam)
- Figure with the differences of some satellite-only models to a recent combination model
Please cite our service as:
Ince, E. S., Barthelmes, F., Reißland, S., Elger, K., Förste, C., Flechtner, F., Schuh, H. (2019):
ICGEM – 15 years of successful collection and distribution of global gravitational models, associated
services and future plans. - Earth System Science Data, 11, pp. 647-674,DOI: http://doi.org/10.5194/essd-11-647-2019.